Who Are We?
We make moving for work easier by using locals who know their city and what’s involved in making a move for work. With us you get more than just helpful pointers, you get local knowledge and a ‘lifeline in the market’ to help navigate any bumps in the road.
Here's How We Help
We help people relocate for work and get settled into their new community. Our network of Destination Consultants strives to create an easy, user-friendly experience focused on you!
Couldn't I just do this on my own?
It depends on what you mean exactly. There are plenty of websites that show homes and apartments for rent. You can definitely look those up by yourself, but that isn't all that we do. Our job is to offer you guidance and advice on what the absolute best place FOR YOU is. We like to think of ourselves as your local lifeline, or your first new acquaintance in your new town.
What if I want to talk to someone?
You can, by contacting us via email (choose Destination Services and Network) or use the chat below! Feel free to ask us anything and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Once we learn a bit more about you we can assign your Destination Consultant. You'll have access to them via email and phone.
Who do I contact if there are technical issues on the site?
If you run into trouble you can either chat with us (don’t forget, if we aren’t online at the moment, we’ll get your note via email) – or you can send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do you do with my information?
Glad you asked. We don’t sell or distribute your contact information to anyone. If you decide to take advantage of a Deal & Discount within the moving tools, you can decide whether or not to share your information.
My timeframe is short – can you still help?
Ideally, we would like to have a week’s notice before your home-finding trip to connect you with a Consultant and begin the home-finding process. That said, if you purchase a program a few days before your trip we will try our hardest to create a great list of rental properties for you to consider in the days and hours leading up to your trip.
How quickly will I be in touch with a local Consultant?
Once you purchase the service, a Program Manager will reach out to you within one business day to get some additional information about your search in order to pair you with the best suited local Consultant. Once you provide information to the Manager, they will update you within one business day to introduce you to your Consultant or provide an update.
Can I refer a friend?
We love referrals and we'd be more than happy to reach out to your friend and explain our service and fees. Just send us a note to let us know.
What program is right for me?
- Rent Assist Plus is the most popular option and allows for the highest level of support and customization, If you want a tour and help finding rentals, it is the program for you. If your primary goal for your Rent Assist program is to secure a rental property, we would recommend utilizing most of or all of your time virtually to maximize the amount of research/ scheduling your local Dwellworks Consultant can provide.
- If you are comfortable viewing properties on your own, the 5 hour program may be right for you – no pets and school requirements?
- Rent Coach – are you primarily looking for a local expert to guide you about the rental market? Are you comfortable setting your own appointments and touring independently but want to learn how to best navigate your new rental market? Your Coach will get you set up for success
What if my credit is less than perfect? We have some tips:
- Provide an employment letter verifying income
- Provide reference letters from previous landlords, verifying that you are a responsible tenant
- Submit a personal cover letter or Renter's Resume along with the application, explaining the situation and making a case for approval
- Determine if you may be able to offer a higher security deposit than required and/or pay a few months’ rent in advance
- Determine if you may be able to pay above the listed monthly rent amount.
- Review private properties. Private landlords may be more flexible and willing to negotiate. Property Management companies and apartment complexes abide by strict guidelines and typically will not make exceptions to their policies
- Act quickly. Being the first applicant could increase the chances of approval
In addition to having access to one of our Destination Consultants to guide you to your perfect neighborhood and home, we have a couple of super useful online tools for you to use.
With our handy Moving Tools, you'll be able to:
- Use a Moving Checklist to organize your next steps
- Change your mailing address
- Get the info needed to change your driver's license
- Get information about local utility rates
- Get Discounts & Deals on stuff you need
Is this really free?
Using the online Moving Tools is completely free of charge. Use them for as long as you'd like, anywhere in the United States.
If you're moving and want a little more assistance from one of our Destination Consultants, there is a fee to purchase that service. You'll be partnered with a local Consultant to help you move to your new city.
Do your Consultants really know what they are doing?
Yep - they sure do. Dwellworks helps 25,000 people per year relocate and get settled into their new town (That's about 70 per day!). We do this in hundreds of locations across the globe and our Consultants specialize in helping people just like you.